Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where is my life going?!

Life here in the Washington bubble seems to pass much more quickly than I would like it to. My weeks are just flying by, and I have no idea where they are going!

My family was here for the weekend, which was so much fun! I loved being able to show them around the city - I'm a great tour guide, lol. We went to Mount Vernon on Saturday, and it was so gorgeous. What a beautiful place....if you ever have the chance, you should definitely go. Oh, and for those that are not as historically inclined as I am, Mount Vernon is the plantation of George Washington. It is fully restored and is just beautiful. There is so much there to see and it's really fun.

So, as far as school goes, immigration has become my life. We're working on a paper about immigration, and all of our classes for the last 4 weeks have been briefings by various stakeholders in the immigration debate. Today we're going to talk with Rep. Mike Pence (IN) about his view on it. My paper is about the DREAM Act, which if you don't know what that is, you should look it up. Immigration is such an interesting topic and one that I'm very conflicted about. It's a huge issue and there's so much to grasp about it. It's crazy.




No comments: